- Jackie Gratz, Executive Director
Osher Life Long Learning Institute,
Towson University, Baltimore, MD
Ellen has been an instructor since 2009
Many thanks for your many top-rate contributions to the Osher curricula over the years. You bring such joy to all who take your classes---your gorgeous costumes, your great wealth and depth of knowledge of the musicals you present.
And this session, the additional showing of the full length films! More than I can say, you are an invaluable member of the Osher faculty.
Thank you again.
- “I have known Ellen Katz for many years in her capacity as a
- lifelong learning instructor in music history. She brings to the class
- not only enthusiasm, but much historical and biographical information
- that moves the class not only to simply enjoy the music but the history
- as well. She sings well, too. All I can say is her classes are sold out
- in several days—that’s testimony in itself!!
Nancy Garfinkel, Director, Food for Thought Lectures, Baltimore, MD
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
- Ellen’s classes are one of the highpoints of my week. I leave smiling, feeling great!
- A superteacher for the supermusicals!
- Elegant, excellent, educational, entertaining!
- I love to hear her sing as well.
- Ellen Katz is one of my “favorite things”!
- Love the costumes and appreciate the research behind the slides and lectures.
- Love the enthusiasm, too!
- Nice balance between music and information---A+
- So uplifting—food for the soul!
- Course far exceeded my expectations
- Outstanding discussion on background of how musicals developed.
- Lively and wonderful instructor.
- Ellen is amazing! Just love whatever she does!
- Love Ellen’s enthusiasm for SuperMusicals!
- These classes far exceeded my expectations.
- I always leave feeling good!
- Gives her all—the essence of a great teacher!
- Love her singing and her costumes
- What a dynamo—a ball of fire.
- An excellent teacher—worthy of her reputationThese musicals have social significance.